Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Good Pie Reading

After the thumb incident of Winter 2012 I decided to take a weekend off from baking (plus we went out of town to go skiing). But here are some articles from around the web about pie, pie shops and pie recipes.

I'm not sure I'd totally agree with the statement that "Apple pie is a weekend project to slow the baker’s heart rate" - my heart is pounding while baking wondering if it will turn out or not but my goal is to eventually feel that way.

Kierin Baldwin's apple process is different that what I've been doing and I'm excited to give it a go. Also notice, she's a gal who switched careers from the photo industry to the culinary world. It can be done folks!
 
My office just happens to be around the corner from The Dutch - think I'll take a little afternoon stroll for a slice of her apple pie.

Pie Fideltiy

About Kierin Baldwin

Apple Pie Recipe (with pre-cooked apples)

All-Purpose Pie Dough

The Healing Powers of a Pie Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment