Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pie Presents

Saturday I had made 4, yes FOUR pecan pies. I committed myself to giving the 6 doormen pies and Saturday was the day to finish it all off. I went a little frantic trying to use homemade dough for all of them and when I realized I had a bad batch of dough I had to put myself in timeout while Joel reminded me it was okay that since I was baking in bulk to just relax, use store dough and make the filling. So that's what I did. I only ended up taking pics of 3 of the wrapped up pies, I was too busy baking to take pics. Sunday I was planning to visit a friend and their new baby so made them a Dreamy Apple Pie from the Pioneer Woman's blog, apple pie filling with a pecan crumble on top. Turns out we missed each other so I lucked out and gave myself the pie present:) It was the first time I'd ever made a crumble, it turned out really quite yummy. I'm excited to perfect it as I'll be making this for my family for Christmas. Notice the apple corer - my new fave tool!

Dreamy Apple Pie: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/11/dreamy-apple-pie/

 Pecan Pies for Presents

 Love this apple corer - makes it so much easier (and fun!).


This is what makes the filling so...dreamy!

 Making of the crumble - needs a bit of work but still tasty!


No comments:

Post a Comment