Friday, July 20, 2012

Berry Pie

There are so many delicious fruits in season. The farmer's markets are all bursting with colorful berries. I knew I wanted to make a berry pie and couldn't narrow it down to just one berry so went with four wonderful, juicy, delicious berries. Can you guess what they were?

1. Strawberries
2. Blueberries
3. Raspberries
4. Blackberries

It's a super simple process - throw the berries in a bowl and coat with sugar, cinnamon, flour, lemon juice and a touch of tapiaco for thickening (less if you like the juices runny but I sort of like it thicker) and then bake away.


Here's my trick for getting the dough in the pan. After you've rolled it out (and make sure it's thin!) fold it in half, and then in half again.




Then place the center point of the folded dough in the center of your pan and unfold.










I gave this pie to Tricia but not before stealing one piece for myself. Who gives someone a pie that's already been eaten? Doesn't that sound like something my Dad would do!

Also, it's way too hard to bake and photograph at the same time, I have flour all over my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment