Friday, July 27, 2012

Peach Pie

It's summertime which means it's peach season so the other night I whipped up a classic peach pie. The poaching and the peeling of the peaches is what makes this more time consuming than I'd like but the result was great. I'm curious to make another one and eliminate the poaching step to see what kind of difference that makes. Still it was a nice way to spend the evening and I took the pie into work for others to enjoy. The only problem with this is you have to let it cool for 3 hours so when it came out of the oven at 11pm I had to go to sleep without tasting it. For a second I thought about setting my alarm for 2am but decided to just have a slice at 6:30am for breakfast instead. 

Receipt from Deb at Smitten Kitchen:
http://smittenkitchen.com/2012/07/peach-pie/

summer peaches


peach poaching

water bath to stop from cooking


peach slices

sugary mixture to coat peach slices



ready for baking
ta-dah!
and the aftermath



1 comment: