Thursday, September 6, 2012

Labor Day: Another Berry Pie - in Jacksonville

I went to visit Jill in Jacksonville over Labor Day Weekend with my Mom, Dad and Page. She and Andy prepared a delicious dinner of steak, mashed potatoes, asparagus and rolls but dessert was provided moi! I landed around 6pm and quickly got into action. My Mom traveled from Roanoke with her Food Processor, Jill went grocery shopping during the week and I traveled with my tapioca (made it through airport security after getting its own special scan). I was busy preparing the dough while my Mom and Dad got the house tour, Page arrived later so I got the tour on the 2nd shift. Jill didn't have a rolling pin so I used a glass to roll out the dough, surprisingly easy (or I've just gotten so good at it). I was spoiled by getting to work in a large kitchen.
Doing the Dough

There's the rolling glass and look at all that counter space I got!
Pie: Strawberry-Blueberry-Blackberry Double Crust Pie

Here's Jill putting finishing touches on the mashed potatoes but you can catch a glimpse of the finished pie cooling in the background.

There she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment