Monday, September 10, 2012

Blackberry-Peach Pie with Oatmeal Crumble Topping

I had some of my best gals over for dinner and used it as a great excuse to whip up a summer berry pie before the season quickly comes to an end (single tear). I found a fun and simple Blackberry-Peach Pie with Oatmeal Crumble Topping.

I made it the night before and then popped it back in the oven on warm while we ate dinner. By the time I brought it out it had been warming for a couple hours so the slices were soupier than I'd wanted but the flavor was still there. 

I'd also made homemade whipped cream (again, any excuse to use the KitchenAid) and naturally thought I should keep in the freezer since that's where Cool Whip goes. Guess what....Cool Whip must have weird chemicals that prevents it from freezing into a solid chunk - needless to say I had to serve the pie sans whipped cream topping. Lesson learned!

Fresh Summer Blackberries and Peach Slices - this looks good enough to eat just like this...

Oh but it gets even better with some Sugar, Cinnamon, Allspice and Lemon zest!



Topping: Oats, Brown Sugar, Butter & Cinnamon



I was left with 1/2 a pie to polish off over the next several nights - hey, I'm not one to waste!


1 comment:


  1. This is really interesting, You’re a highly trained writer. I’ve joined with your feed and furthermore , count on witnessing the very good write-ups. Additionally,

    I’ve shared your websites with our social networks.


    Racking Manufacturer in China


    ReplyDelete